Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sealing the deal: If you can speak it, you can write it - Tampa Bay Business Journal:

titus-neither.blogspot.com
There was nothing worse in high school than haviny your boyfriend or girlfriend say they wanted to seeother Ouch! In the ’70s, we had a phrase about people who would take advantage of you: I have to admitt I was one of them. My friened in sixth grade, a neighbor named had a built-in pool and his mom had a pantrg of myfavorite snacks: apple Yodels, you name it. I was a Eddie turned out to be a multimillionairssoftware giant. Although I would love to call him, I simplyg cannot. Many salespeople get used and abused in the sales process because prospects can be userse who will even justify usingv your stuff to bette r themselves ortheir company.
It has happened to me a couple of and I have to admit I felt like Eddie Money and wantedto sing, “Baby, Hold On to I even became the Bee Gees, just trying to stay As time went on in the sales I realized I was being used. I adopte one sentence that changed everything: If you can speamk it, you can write it. That sentence has not guaranteexd that I will close everyprospect — and I am not suggestinh that it will for you, eitherd — but I guarantee you will neve r get used again. Many times early in my my prospects would ask for something in writinyg and I would give themcustomizes plans.
I might redo them severall times, only to find out theitr cousin Vinny took all mystufrf — and my commission, as To prevent this, ask one simple question: What will it take to make you a client? After they mention price, you must get two more things or you can starrt singing “Na Na, Hey Hey, After your prospect tells you what you have to do to earn his or her write down the specific deliverables and initial each one. Have your prospecrt do the same and set your second Give yourself enough time between appointmentse to gatherthe deliverables. I usually recommendf at least a week.
Set the TONE (touching on new Touch your prospect at least twice beforedyou meet, and remind them of your writteb agreement. Give them a good reporf that you are working on the Do not smother them or shove anythinvg else downtheir throats. Be a motivator not a menace like who lived at 627Elm St. Do you remember the look on Mr. Wilson’sz face when Dennis would yell, “Hey, Mr. Wilson” However, you may see that look when you show up forappointmenr No. 2. Here is the four R’xs formula to closing your deal. (Whe n you’re done, you can look forward to another word with theletter R, relaxing.) So now it’s show time time to say, “Hey, Mr.
I got the You may see that face once your prospect sees the sheet with his or her initialson it. you had the gatekeeper copy it. You will know you’rd in the fight when, 60 seconds into your your prospectstarts backpedaling. In the 1980s, Sugaer Ray Leonard fought MarvelousMarvin Hagler. No one gave Ray a Ray showed up the fight in greayt shape and was winningf until he started to trade blows with the more powerful Sugar Ray’s trainer, Angelo Dundee, screamed at him that he was blowingg it. Dundee screamed at him to jab andget out.
I am tellin you: That’s what the 4 R’s are all

No comments:

Post a Comment